Pages

Loss so far

Ticker Zone Ticker

Monday, February 8, 2010

Recipe Monday -- Round Steak w/ Tomatoes

I've decided to declare Mondays "Recipe Monday."

Each Monday while on hCG, I will post a recipe that I've found... starting TODAY!

I know I said I was going to post the Chorizo Tacos I made, and I will... but that will have to wait til next Monday!
Today's recipe didn't come to me just while on the hCG Diet, but I grew up eating it. It has always been my FAVORITE meal... and when I'd come home from school and see it and smell it cooking, I'd instantly be in heaven. And the best part about this meal? It contains only TWO ingredients, that's right -- TWO. Perfect for the hCG Diet. Here it is:

Ingredients:

Round Steak
1-4 Cans of Diced Tomatoes (depending on the size of round steak you have)

Instructions:

Place one can of diced tomatoes into crock pot, add steak, add more cans of tomatoes until steak is covered. Cook on low for 4-6hrs, until steak is tender enough to come apart with a fork.
That's it, in a nutshell.

Now, if you want to be more fancy you can do the following to the steak prior to putting it into the pot:
Coat steak with the following rub mixture: Sea Salt, Pepper, Minced Garlic, Onion Salt, Celery Salt and Italian Seasonings. Place steak into HOT skillet (with a tiny bit of olive oil) and just sear both sides. Then place into crock pot and allow to continue cooking.

I've done both methods and they taste the same to me... yummy deliciousness. I figure about 3/4can of tomatoes is a serving for hCG dieters, as most of the tomatoes cook down and leave you with lots of yummy juice.

To Serve (to the hCG dieter):
Cut about 3oz cooked steak and cube into bite-sized pieces in a soup bowl (or just pull apart as that's how tender it should be). Cover with tomatoes and juice. Add Salt and Pepper to taste. Enjoy.

It may not seem filling, but it actually is.

How easy was that?!

If you're not on the hCG Diet, a side that is SUPER Yummy to have with this are those Herb-Butter Mashed Potatoes (using the tomato juice as gravy) --- YUMM!!

No comments: