Pages

Loss so far

Ticker Zone Ticker

Monday, April 5, 2010

Update...and Recipe!

So Easter weekend is over and done. I was a bit scared, I have to admit. Here's why:

Saturday night we had BBQ'd chicken under a brick, Corn on the Cob, Salad and Baked Squash.
Sunday morning we had mini cinnamon rolls, potato/sausage/egg/pepper burritos, and orange juice.
Sunday night we had BBQ'd steaks, asparagus rafts, corn on the cob and more salad.

I didn't eat any cinnamon rolls or corn, luckily... but I did eat my fair share of candy. So when I stepped on the scale, I was terrified. BUT... I did step on the scale late at night, so I knew that in itself would make my weight off. It said I had gained over 5lbs since Friday morning!

This morning I jumped back on (PS Big thanks to the hubs for the new Wii Fit PLUS... love it!) and I was down 2.5lbs! That means I really only gained just over 2lbs during Easter. Whew.

And today... here's my recipe of the week: Chicken grilled under a brick.



You'd think the brick would smother it and make it tasteless and dry... but it actually creates just the opposite affect.


4 Chicken Breasts

Marinade:
1tsp. coarse sea salt
1tsp. cracked black pepper
1/2 - 1tsp hot pepper flakes
1TBS chopped fresh garlic
1TBS chopped fresh rosemary
1/4C lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/4C EVOO (cooks off, don't worry)

Special Equipment:
4 Bricks, each wrapped in foil
Oak chunks for building the fire, or 2C oak chips, soaked in cold water to cover for 1 hour, then drained.

1. Combine all marinade ingredients into small blender or food processor, and blend until paste-like. Arrange chicken in baking dish and pour marinade over. Allow to sit 1 hour to overnight.
2. Set up grill. Brush and oil grill grate. Arrange chicken on grate and place brick on top of each. Grill until cooked, 3-5min per side, turning after 1.5min to create cross-hatch marks.

And now... my SECRET STEAK MARINADE RECIPE: (shhhhh... don't tell!)

Place steaks in baking dish, cover with Pepsi or Coke ( I prefer Pepsi... coke makes me sick!). Sprinkle with Season salt or Creole seasoning and pepper. Add a few dashes of Worcestershire Sauce and place in refrigerator overnight. Grill to perfection. Yum!

No comments: