Pages

Loss so far

Ticker Zone Ticker

Friday, January 22, 2010

Seafood Ceviche Recipe

So the recipe actually calls to make it with Shrimp, but I've been a little "anti-shrimp" lately (it's just not the same cooked at home...), but I'm sure it would taste GREAT on any kind of seafood that's HCG-approved!
Here it is (I cut the recipe in half and it made PLENTY!):

2 lg. lemons (about 1cup)
2-3 lg. limes (about 1cup)
1 TBS. fresh minced garlic (2 cloves)
1 Cubanel or other mild pepper ( I used a poblano*)
1 red onion, finely chopped
1-3 TBS Tabasco or hot sauce (I used El Pato, about 1/3C.)
4 lg. tomatoes, chopped
2 cucumbers, chopped
fresh Cilantro (about 1/2Cup)
fresh Parsley (about 1/2Cup -- I didn't use)
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste

In a non-metal bowl combine all ingredients.

If mixing seafood right into it, do this:
Cook seafood and rinse. Combine juices of lemons and limes in a baggie and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Add hot sauce, garlic, onion and pepper and mix evenly. Return to fridge for another 30 min. Before serving, toss in the cilantro, parsley, tomatoes and cucumbers; add salt and pepper to taste.

GREAT on Melba toast! I boiled up a lobster tail, pulled out the meat and put a few tablespoons of the ceviche on top and man it was DELCIOUS!!

Does anyone know an easier way for getting the meat out of the tail?!




*I LOVE our local BYU Channels, especially Create (11-4 for us). It has two of my most favorite chefs: Ming Tsai (Simply Ming; he combines East w/ West ingredients in one-pot meals), and Rick Bayless (Mexico, One Plate at a Time). This season, Rick has been grilling Poblano peppers quite a bit, and so I thought I would try it for this recipe. Here's how:

Put pepper directly onto a grill (I don't know if I had a bad pepper, or if the George Foreman just doesn't work for this, Rick uses his grill that's on his stove) and keep turning until it's nice and charred. Once it's pretty black let it cool until you can handle it. Under running water, peel off the charred skin and cut pepper open. Cut out seed pod and rinse well. Then chop it up! Yum!!

No comments: