Pages

Loss so far

Ticker Zone Ticker

Friday, January 15, 2010

Yummy Halibut Recipe

I wasn't sure how well I'd be able to eat Halibut as I can't have it covered in Tempura and deep fried, dipped in sauce. Well here's what I did and it was SUPER YUMMY!

(start out with the bag of Halibut filets from Wal*Mart, about $4/bag for 3 -- they're already measured into about 3.5oz!)
De-thaw filet in a bowl of water, I added a bit of lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Grill on a George Foreman until flaky
Once cooked, squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon, add salt and pepper and red pepper flakes

I also made green beans to go with it (I used the Fresh GB from Schwans)
cooking according to directions, measuring the amount I needed, then I added the same seasonings as the Halibut.... SOOO YUMMY!!

2 comments:

Derek and Sharice said...

Hey Staci. My husband actually has done the HCG diet and I'd love to help you anyway I can. I'm a believer in it! During the 6 weeks on HCG he lost 28 pounds. That is before the 2 binge days at the beginning. Anyway, I saw you were looking for grisini bread, and my husband has never found it even in st. george. he did find the melba toast, but decided to just not eat it. He crumbled it up to bread some chicken once and gained weight the next day. He is now on the 1000 calories off of HCG and is still losing weight actually. A lot slower, but he has been adding different foods to his diet slowly. It was really hard for him over the holidays and he only cheated at Christmas. He stayed on it for Thanksgiving. Anyway, if you ever have any questions let me know because he has done TONS of research. Good luck and try not to cheat, because that's the best way to keep it off.

Samantha said...

Hi!

Thanks for posting your halibut recipe! I googled hcg halibut and your blog post popped right up. I'm on day 3 of the hcg diet and have never cooked halibut in my life! Want to try it tonight. This may be a silly Q, but can you just cook the fish in a pan if you don't have a GF Grill? Also, do you spray the pan first or...? How do you know when it's cooked all the way through?

Thanks!
Samantha
http://dynamite180diet.blogspot.com